A strong and inclusive economy
A productive, innovative, sustainable and fair economy, where businesses thrive through nurturing talent from all communities and provide good jobs with fair pay, conditions and progression.
- Grow economic success in all of our communities through an intensive package of employment, skills, training, and job readiness support, with a focus on people, groups and localities that are underrepresented in the labour market.
- Drive innovation and boosting productivity to make all business sectors resilient and sustainable, with a particular emphasis upon growth opportunities in health/life sciences, and clean growth sectors.
- Make Liverpool a leading business and investment location, and developing commercial partnerships with ethical investors and businesses that share our commitment to inclusive growth.
- Attract and growing businesses, including community and social enterprises, providing and enabling business support, and working with employers to promote fair employment and sustainable, purpose-driven business practices.
- Increase the number of quality jobs within the city and the wider travel to work area.